Monday, January 15, 2024

Day 15: Updates and Polar Vortexes

  Click here to donate to my Believe 4 Nicholas 2024 Chicago Marathon efforts! 

πŸ’›Thank you in advance! πŸ’›


πŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘Ÿ




January 15, 2024

So, it's been a crazy few days with snow, frigid cold, calling a snow day, now calling a remote day for tomorrow, and all the things. It's also been really nice to have time off...even though we just had time off. This time feels like a bonus...like if you play a scratch off ticket and win. There's just something about unexpected days off and at home because it's so cold your face will freeze if you go outside. 

With that said, I DID run my 10 miles on the tread. It felt almost entirely great. Here's what worked:
*Compression on my calves
*Brooks running shoes
*A kick ass playlist
*TV on with no volume on HGTV to watch Chip and JoJo shiplap the crap out of houses
*Water bottle

Here's what I learned:
*Going to try those energy goo things because, by mile 8, I needed a boost
*My high arches are going to need more support
*Because of my weird arch thing, I put pressure on the pad of my foot and it started to feel gross, so I'm researching on that
*I for SURE want to go get a real running shoe fitting for my birthday in June to be ready for October
*My hubs is even more amazing than I knew because he took Tay and friends sledding so they had fun while I spent my 1:55 running

And with that I will head out to do the work I've been putting off so I could enjoy cozy snow, cold time at home.

With all the warm clothes, gratitude for a remote car starter, and a touch of grace,
Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 15: Updates and Polar Vortexes

   Click here to donate to my Believe 4 Nicholas 2024 Chicago Marathon efforts!  πŸ’›Thank you in advance! πŸ’› πŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘Ÿ πŸ‘Ÿ...