Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Day 2: My Space

 Click here to donate to my Believe 4 Nicholas 2024 Chicago Marathon efforts! 

πŸ’›Thank you in advance! πŸ’›


πŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘Ÿ




January 2, 2024

As an introvert, I appreciate having MY space. For a long time, I had an office at home with a bay window and a desk that I loved. When our oldest moved home and she needed HER space, we changed the office into her room because that's what she needed. I have no regrets about that. 

The result of this, though, was moving a desk into our bedroom to have a spot for all the "office stuff" that naturally comes with being a homeowner, taxpayer, etc. I have never wanted or liked to have a work space in my bedroom...it just feels like crossing a hard boundary to me. My room is a place of sleep, a place of rest, a place of respite...not a workspace. 

Well, today I RAN to take a space back. After 4 hours and moving weight stacks around at LEAST 7 times, my new space is set. It's my exercise spot (Shaun goes to the gym) and now a space to work, Zoom, organize, etc. that is NOT in the bedroom. And with that I feel centered and ready to RUN into this year! Did a 1.3 mile warm up, a 30 minute ride, and 10 minutes of arms followed by a stretch today and it all felt great!

Here are a couple pix. It's not much, but it's MY SPACE. I didn't have to buy a thing...just used and moved...and moved again...what we have. And I love it. πŸ’™






Hoping your day was a happy one!

With gratitude and a splash of grace, 
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 15: Updates and Polar Vortexes

   Click here to donate to my Believe 4 Nicholas 2024 Chicago Marathon efforts!  πŸ’›Thank you in advance! πŸ’› πŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘Ÿ πŸ‘Ÿ...