Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Day 9--The 5 AM Club

  Click here to donate to my Believe 4 Nicholas 2024 Chicago Marathon efforts! 

πŸ’›Thank you in advance! πŸ’›


πŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘Ÿ



January 9, 2024

So, today I was up at 4:45 AM to jump on a call with other local superintendents to decide if we would open or close schools. We opened because---while snowmageddon was predicted--we woke to rain. Yeah, snow came later in the day making a messy ride home, but it's northern Illinois...not sure what anyone would expect differently. 

HOWEVER, I stayed up after the appx 1 minute call, had a coffee, and had a nice, long workout (2 mile run, 6 mile ride, arms, and a quick stretch). I was not rushed or stressed and everyone got where they needed to be on time (even with forgotten basketball shoes). The ENTIRE day felt better because of it. 

So, I have set an intention to be a weekday member of the 5AM Club, which is really a thing. It's for people who intentionally get up earlier to have "them" time. As an agile snoozer, this will be a challenge...but a good one. I'm setting myself up for success by:

1. Using a sunlight alarm. Love the light that gently and progressively brightens for 30 minutes until the alarm goes off. It also has fun little songs you can choose from for the alarm itself. 
2. I have moved said clock and my phone far out of reach so I have to get up to snooze or to be extra sneaky and set a phone timer to work the system. 
3. My hubs gets up even earlier than this to get himself to the gym. 

I shall try my best, focusing on getting to bed earlier so I'm still getting 7 hours of sleep. 

Updates coming...

With gratitude for a home gym and sunlight clock with a generous splash of grace, 
Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 15: Updates and Polar Vortexes

   Click here to donate to my Believe 4 Nicholas 2024 Chicago Marathon efforts!  πŸ’›Thank you in advance! πŸ’› πŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘Ÿ πŸ‘Ÿ...