Sunday, January 7, 2024

Day 7: Keep the Main Thing the Main Thing

 Click here to donate to my Believe 4 Nicholas 2024 Chicago Marathon efforts! 

πŸ’›Thank you in advance! πŸ’›


πŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘Ÿ







January 7, 2024

Yep, I've kept up my workouts. But I never promised I'd blog every day, so I'm ok with the fact that I picked experiences over writing for the last couple days. I soaked in every moment of a trip with Shaun and Braden to Indiana University (my alma mater) to see the campus and go to the IU/OSU basketball game at THE Assembly Hall! No, I don't care what it's called now. It's Assembly Hall to me and it always will be. Here are a couple pics from our trip...




I've engaged in a stupid mental battle with this whole training thing. I'm doing two parallel challenges:
1. Working up to be ready for the Chicago Marathon, and
2. Moving 2024 miles in 2024. 

These may seem complimentary, but I know to do #1, I need to run more slowly that I have in the past both to enjoy running at all and to endure 26.2 (it's a long way). However, to meet my 2024 in 2024 goal, I get more miles when I move FASTER. 

So, to do it all and keep myself healthy along the way, I have to:
1. Be ok with my 11:20 mile running pace. 
2. Build in bike rides for recovery...and miles (muuuuch faster on the bike!).
3. STRETCH!!!! 

Put simply...I have to keep the main thing the main thing...endurance. I will RUN to my goals...knowing that sometimes I'll stumble...and I WILL get back up again!

With gratitude and a splash of grace, 
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 15: Updates and Polar Vortexes

   Click here to donate to my Believe 4 Nicholas 2024 Chicago Marathon efforts!  πŸ’›Thank you in advance! πŸ’› πŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘Ÿ πŸ‘Ÿ...